Chewy Sugar Cookies
Thick, soft, chewy, bakery style sugar cookies. This is best sugar cookie recipe around!
Author: Jessica C Montaño
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 18 Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter at room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light (clear) corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets. I just spray them with cooking spray.
- Place butter, brown and white sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add in flour and beat until well incorporated.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here) on prepared baking sheets, about two inches apart.
- Bake cookies for ten minutes until the edges are just barely beginning to brown, they’ll look soft. If you bake these cookies too long, they’ll be crunchy rather than chewy.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.