S’mores Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Author: Jessica C Montaño
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 9-16 Brownies
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 190 Grams Graham Cracker Crumbs, about 11 full-size graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2oz Water
- 1oz Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams Cocoa Powder
- 3oz Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 4oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 24 oz large Marshmallows
- 3.5oz Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 5oz Mini Marshmallows
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 9 inch square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large bowl whisk the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together. Pour in the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour the crust into the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack the crust. Bake crust at 350 for 10 minutes. While crust is baking prepare brownies.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined. *Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour on top of the graham cracker crust.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, melted butter, and powdered sugar. Then, drop by spoonfuls onto the pan and use a knife to swirl.
- Bake for 25-27minutes or until just set.
- When brownies are baked sprinkle on the chocolate pieces and cover with the mini marshmallows, turn the broiler on low and place the brownies under the heat. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Take out and let cool completely.