Hot Fudge Sauce
A quick and easy hot fudge sauce recipe that can be prepared in 15 minutes!
Author: Jessica C Montaño
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings: (12) - 2 Tablespoons
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium sauce pan, combine chocolate chips, sugar, heavy cream, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking on medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir well. *Mixture will be very thin/liquidy, but will thicken and become fudgy as it cools.
- Allow mixture to cool to desired temperature and consistency, then serve over ice cream.
*When cooled completely, the fudge sauce will be too thick to pour and you will need to heat it in the microwave for several seconds before serving.
*Leftover fudge sauce will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.