Author: Jessica C Montaño
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
Cooling time 6 hours
Total 7 hours 10 minutes
Servings 12 servings
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 32 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 24 Oreo cookies quartered
For the topping:
- 12 crushed Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt until the mixture is creamy and no lumps of cream cheese remain, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the heavy cream and vanilla and beat to combine. Beat in the eggs and yolk one at a time, beating for about 15 seconds before adding the next.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix a few times by hand to ensure that all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated and fold in the quartered Oreo cookies.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust and spread into an even layer. Bake about 40 to 55 minutes, until the outer couple inches of cheesecake looks puffed and set, but the center still jiggles when you move the pan.
- Turn off the oven, crack open the door and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven, place on a wire cooling rack and run a thin knife around the edge of the cake.
- Top cheesecake with crushed Oreos and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving, then remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place it on a serving platter. *Leftover cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.