These delicious Twix Cookies are super fun to make! Made with a soft shortbread cookie recipe, topped with creamy caramel and milk chocolate! Skip the candy bar and make your own!
Author: Jessica Cain Montano
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 20 (3 inch) cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough out until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer to an ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Pull out of the oven when the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, microwave the caramels and milk for 1 minute. Stir at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spoon a few teaspoons of caramel onto each cookie, spreading until it almost covers the cookie.
- Place the cookies and caramel into the fridge for 10 -15 minutes or until cold.
- Melt the chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until completely melted. This will make a fudge consistency.
- Spread a small amount of chocolate onto each cookie. Let the chocolate layer cool and set up before serving!